Home Participate in the Work and Holiday exchange program in Luxembourg
Participate in the Work and Holiday exchange program in Luxembourg
The Work and Holiday program is a cultural exchange program that allows young people to discover Luxembourg:
Young citizens of Australia and New Zealand between the ages of 18 and 30 can participate in the Work and Holiday program.
To obtain a Work and Holiday visa, applicants must:
- be in possession of a valid passport;
- not be accompanied by dependent persons (e.g. dependent children);
- have sufficient financial means to meet their needs on the spot;
- have sufficient financial means to buy a return ticket;
- not have already participated in the program.
The fee for the visa application is 180 euros.
Submission of the application
Young people who wish to participate in the program can submit their application to the Belgian diplomatic mission representing Luxembourg:
The working holiday visa gives the young person the right to:
- stay in the partner country for up to 12 months;
- leave and enter the country as often as he/she wants during the validity of the visa;
- travel across the country and discover a new culture;
- work for a limited time during the stay;
- register for studies or an internship for a limited time.
The candidate must attach several supporting documents to his application. Documents can be accepted by post or email in English, French or German.
Documents to be submitted
- 1 Completed and signed application form (Schengen visa application form);
- 2 passport photos;
- copy of passport (physical passport must be sent in case of a positive decision on obtaining the work and holiday visa);
- visa application fee;
- criminal record of less than 3 months;
- a medical certificate of good health issued by any doctor;
- reservation of a return ticket or proof of sufficient resources to obtain it;
- a letter of motivation signed in French, English or German;
- a CV in French, English or German;
- proof of sufficient resources equivalent to or greater than 2,500 euros (bank statements or notarial deed certifying the possession of this sum);
- proof of accommodation for the first 15 days;
- health insurance covering the entire stay up to 30,000 euros;
- for Australians only: a copy of your university degree
- for Australians only: a support letter from the government.
How to apply:
The candidate contacts the Belgian diplomatic mission representing Luxembourg in the country concerned and applies for a category D visa as part of the work and holiday program. Residents of Australia and New Zealand must send their visa application to the Embassy of Belgium in Canberra. The application is examined by the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs - Passport, Visa and Legalization Office. The reply will be sent to the Belgian diplomatic mission representing Luxembourg within 30 days.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.